Monday, November 3, 2008

A Giant Kiss


Since I'm here, I might as well post a photo of Elise in her Halloween costume. In true Elise style, she wanted to make a costume that required a little bit of engineering. She came up with the concept as well as the basic idea of how to construct it. David helped her carry out her ideas and added a pair of ropes under the costume to rest on her shoulders for more support. Her idea: make a circle of cardboard for the bottom, attach wires to make the shape, and then cover with aluminum foil (we used heavy duty). She also made the hat by herself. Hmm.... the costume looks a little battered here. The 3 boys behind her were a video game set up; one was the TV, one the wii, the other was a set of controllers, I think. This is not my favorite holiday, but I do love the outlet for kids' creativity!

2 comments:

Sophia said...

That's great!

gail said...

He he! Nice to see you here. This is fun; I don't have to make long intense posts.